Courses within the Certificate program focus on leadership, communication, ethics, and group processes.
Students electing the Certificate in Leadership Studies may be enrolled in any undergraduate major. In addition to completing the standard core and required track courses for their majors, students must complete 18 hours of coursework. These courses may also count toward requirements of your major, if applicable.
- Communications 3135: Leadership Theory and Group Dynamics (3)
- Communications 3136: Leadership, Service and Ethics (3)
- Communications 4410: Internship in University Leadership (3)
One course from the following:
- Philosophy - Professional Ethics 2175 (3)
- Philosophy - History of Ethical Theories 3219 (3)
- Philosophy - Ethics 3221 (3)
- Philosophy - Business Ethics 3231 (3)
- Political Science - Law, Justice & Morality 3175
Two courses or 6 hours from the following:
- Aerospace 3101 – Leadership Studies (3)
- Aerospace 3102 – Leadership Studies II (3)
- Communication - Small Group Communication 2105 (3)
- Communication - Interpersonal Communication 2107 (3)