The SERVE Team aims to SERVE the Charlotte community and be advocates for student community engagement by offering monthly events. These students assist in the planning, recruiting, and implementation of monthly community engagement events that are mutually beneficial for the community partner they serve and the UNC Charlotte student volunteers. The SERVE Team helps make service the NORM at UNC Charlotte by cultivating a spirit of service.
Team meetings take place biweekly on Mondays from 4:00-5:00 PM.
SERVE Team is divided into five categories, each led by a Student Director:
- Hunger & Homelessness
- Environment & Animals
- Civic Engagement & Democracy
- Youth & Education
- Public & Community Health
Responsibilities of SERVE Team Members:
- Serve as a face for Leadership & Community Engagement by tabling weekly/biweekly for the monthly service events
- Serve on one committee that will:
- Hold weekly meetings (led by Coordinators/Facilitators)
- Plan two events per month
- Find UNCC student volunteers for events
- Create mutually beneficial and sustainable relationships with local nonprofits/organizations in the community
- Develop creative outreach plans for more student community engagement
- Serve as a face for Leadership & Community Engagement by remaining present at at least one of their committee’s monthly events.
- Establish ties with student organizations in order to increase student community engagement.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR ARE NOW CLOSED. THEY WILL REOPEN NEXT SPRING.
Approximately 15-20 students are accepted onto this team. Applicants must be current freshmen, sophomores or juniors returning to the University in the Fall semester and be in good standing with the University.
For questions, please contact Leadership & Community Engagement, located in the Popp Martin Student Union Room 280, at (704) 687-5323, or email Mikala Harvey, firstname.lastname@example.org.