The mission of Leadership & Community Engagement is to provide UNC Charlotte students with leadership skills and development opportunities through individual programs, retreats, and experiential learning. These students will develop lifelong leadership skills that can be utilized within diverse educational, social, and business settings. The experiences students gain through academic-sponsored leadership programs and courses will influence the campus socially and culturally.
Leadership & Community Engagement envisions advancement in high quality, diverse, and innovative leadership development opportunities for its distinct student community.
We commit to teaching students exemplary leadership skills based on standards set by the larger global society. Our guiding core values are as follows:
- We will model excellence through hallmark leadership development programming advanced and promoted via the undergraduate experience at UNC Charlotte.
- Educational programs will be result-oriented and will put students first.
- Our dedicated staff will develop diverse and innovative programming.
- We will prepare leaders with conscience and conviction.
- A partnership between University faculty, staff, and students will create programs that provide meaningful leadership development opportunities both inside and outside the classroom.
- As a vital training springboard, we will promote dynamic leadership activities in order to prepare students to be competitive in the workplace and the marketplace.
- Our programs' participants will assume leadership roles in diverse communities.